Partek is proud to have successfully completed one of Aldi’s first standalone stores as part of Aldi’s expansion into South Australia. The project consisted of 1900 square metres of Retail, Back of House storage including freezer and cool room space, offices and external works including a loading dock, 4000 square metres of car parking and extensive landscaped areas.
Being one of the first stores here in South Australia presented various challenges over the life of the project and our project team working in close collaboration with Select Architects, BCA Engineers, Bonacci Structural Engineers, Rider Levett Bucknall and Aldi have delivered what is a high quality building for the large international retail group.
After completing major civil works incorporating over 170 bored piers, a suspended slab and extensive retaining over the sloping site, the external pre-cast structure was erected rather quickly. Extensive structural steel and roofing package soon followed before the fit out stage could commence. Partek were required to work in close conjunction with Aldi’s separate contractors also in the lead up to practical completion. The commissioning and testing, handover, client training was a key aspect Partek prioritised to ensure the building will be occupied and used to its full potential with no interruption to trade.