The St Michael’s Lutheran Primary School at Hahndorf was established in 1839 and is the oldest continuing Lutheran school in Australia. The major extension undertaken by Partek was delivered with this heritage in mind.
Partek was tasked with constructing a single-storey gymnasium, two-storey amenities and office, and a separate general learning area. The site manager worked closely with the school to avoid disruption to classes.
Temporary fencing was erected for safety and a supervisor permanently located on site to direct construction vehicles. A work schedule was also developed with the school to coordinate activity during school hours with noise kept to a minimum.
The construction involved a curved roof with single span sheets which had to be constructed on site.
Architect: IA Design
Architect: Tesseract International
Architect: Studio Nine Architects
Architect: Edge Architects
Architect: Brown Falconer
Architect: Cheesman Architects
“The attention to detail and the flexibility across the project was evident as no challenge along the way was too difficult to overcome. Overall the final product was first class, the project was completed on time and on budget.”
169 - 177 South Road
Mile End SA 5031
P 08 8351 7633
F 08 8351 7644